There’s no doubt that D.C. is dope. It is a melting pot of different cultures, history and breathtaking scenic views. If you’re looking to express your city pride, then DISTRICT of CLOTHING has got you covered with their contemporary apparel. Owner Dionna Dorsey gave us the insight and inspiration behind the clothing line that says ‘I love DC’ best.
1. How many years have you been in business?
One year! DISTRICT of CLOTHING launched in December 2014 at Women Rule presented by Politics, Google & The Tory Burch Foundation.
2. What inspired the name of your business?
I wanted to honor DC with the name and so, incorporating both ‘District’ as well as the letters DC seemed a natural fit.
3. How did you get into your line of work?
I attended Fashion Design school in Milan and was a designer in New York City prior to moving to Washington, D.C
4. What do you love most about being located in DC?
DC is a united community of dreamers and doers–people constantly moving forward and supporting each other in their respective ventures. It’s really a unique place.
5. Share with us and our readers an insider’s tip into your favorite spots or activities in the city.
One of my most favorite things to do here is to bike ride around the monuments and The National Mall at night. This city has a peaceful beauty at night. I also love to walk with no plans in the Summer time. It’s the best feeling and you meet the most interesting people.
6. Do you have a special promotion, event, or sale you’d like for our readers to know about?
We’ve launched new items for the Spring and Summer…and there’s more to come in April!