Glamping is exactly as its name suggests: the perfect combination of outdoor living and hotel comfort. The concept has actually been around for a few years now but is really starting to take off especially with those looking for an alternative to beach holidays or city breaks.
So, you love the idea of camping in the great outdoors, but you can’t quite say goodbye to your creature comforts? Glamping is the perfect solution. Featuring all of the best bits of camping with a little luxury and glamor thrown in, glamping can be a great experience.
Let me confess by saying this, I am no camping girl. I just don’t like it. As much as I love being outdoors, I’m just not that into nature, I’m not a fan of sleeping in it. You can catch me playing all types of games, taking walks on trails, enjoying a meal with a glass of wine outdoors but at the end of the day; I want a hot shower and a warm bed. This time around, I wanted to try something new and give camping chance. Especially, after watching a rerun episode of Oprah, when she and Gayle go on a glamping trip, I knew this would be a fun experience. Also, I knew I’d be in great company.
This weekend we are visiting Lexington, VA with our friend Jessica of the The Dining Traveler to do a little glamping thanks to Glamping Hub. Follow our adventures as we take over their IG account for the weekend (@glampinghub)
So here is a Guide to Glamping:
1. S’well Marble Water Bottle: The perfect size to take on the go for any adventure!
2. Fingers Crossed Slim Portable Power Charger: Charge your smartphone anywhere with this credit card-sized phone charger.
3. Biker Style Ponte Leggings: Channel tough-girl cool in these biker style sculpting leggings.
4. Embroidered Hoodie: Since this is glamorous camping you have to be stylish. Add a girlie touch to your boyish basics.
5. ‘Barlow’ Large Trail Backpack: Engineered for hardcore backpacking, this durable pack comes with essential features that make it useful for camping, hiking or even exploring the world.
6. ‘Indi’ Fleece Jacket: Extend camping season despite the falling temperatures in this heavyweight drawstring sweatshirt lined with exceptionally soft and warm brushed fleece.
7. Hunter ‘Tour’ Packable Rain Boot: Stow and go with a lightweight rain boot.
Shop The Guide: